Kansas City Lofts
1535 Walnut Street
This seven story building was originally constructed in 1915 for the Campbell Paint and Glass Company. The Campbell Paint Lofts are easily identifiable by a unique catwalk which connects this building to EBT Lofts located next door.
It now houses 58 one and two bedroom loft condominiums ranging in size from 770 to 1,400 square feet.
1920 Wyandotte Street
Popcorn lofts was originally The Manley Popcorn building which was the leading providers of popcorn poppers and popcorn supplies to theaters and candy counters worldwide. During World War II, Manley took popcorn overseas with a government contract to make popcorn machines that created treats for American servicemen. By the 19510’s Manley offered a full line of snake food processing equipment for the production of popcorn, caramel corn, extruded snacks and corn products.
In 1998 renovations were completed and now houses six two-story condominiums.
1819 Baltimore Avenue
1819 Baltimore was originally build in 1940 for KC White Goods, a linen and uniform manufacturer.
In 2004 the building was completed and now houses 19 lofts and 4 roof-top penthouses. The fourth floor penthouses are brand new construction while the remaining units are built in the three existing brick and concrete floors.
2120 Wyandotte Street
Built in 1923, the three-story Westinghouse Electrical and Manufacturing building was converted in 2006 into 22 condominiums ranging in size between 900 and 2,500 square feet.
2107 Grand Boulevard
The historic Western Auto building was build in 1915 and was originally built for the Coca-Cola Company and became home to Western Auto in the 1920s. The landmark Western Auto sign stands 58 feet tall and consist of 2,500 light bulbs and 1,000 feet of neon.
In 2004 Western Auto became the premier condominium building in the area that houses 93 units ranging in size from 635 to 1,470 square feet.
117 W 20th Street
The Lee Jean Company moved into this 225,000 square foot building in 1917. This abundantly windowed structure can be seen from the lobby of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and currently houses 118 luxury lofts. Piper Lofts are currently available for rent.
2121 Central Street
Built in 1910, this building was originally a production plant for National Biscuit Company (Nabisco). The massive brick ovens are still a feature in this building. The building was later used as a warehouse for the Stuart Hall company.
It now houses 127 one, two and three bedroom loft apartments for rent ranging in size from 900 to 3,000 square feet.